WD broken hdd

Hello!

I’m new here and I have some big problems with my hdd esential 2TB. A few days ago hdd case was broken with usb part on it from that “motherboard” inside the case. Now I bought new case for my hdd but he was password protected with WD software, virtual software. Now I need someone to help me with this problem because all stuff I have is on that disc. Can I install some other software to ulock hdd or something else? HDD isn’t broken or damaged, he is good but I can’t acces to my files. Please help me, I tried to find a solution but nothing. I’m in that for about 10 days.

Thanks.

Sincerly,

Deni

Bad news the board with broken port controls the encryption. You might try having an electronics person solder on a new port. Professional data recovery may be able to do something. With a password involved I’m not sure another board would work even if you found an appropriate one. There is no software that will unlock it. If you had a backup that is 2 copies you wouldn’t have as big a problem now.

Joe

Thanks! Can you tell me how can I format the disc because computer don’t recognize it? I hope that I can do that.