WD Blue having problems transferring files to another HDD

I have very weird issue:

I have a WD Blue 1TB HDD docked in my USB 3.0 external docking station.  I can copy anything to it fine with good transfer speeds even, but for some reason I can not transfer anything from the WD Blue.  When I try to transfer a file from WD Blue it will just say “Discovering” then the green status bar won’t move at all, with no speed of transferring.  

Can someone help me thanks!

Have you tried connecting the HDD directly to the computer? If it works fine, it might be a compatibility problem.

Well the reason why I have it docked in my USB 3.0 docking station is because I don’t have enough space to connect HDD direct to my computer inside.  What compatibility problems?  I can write it it fine, just not able to transfer files from it. I will try to run a check disk later to see if there are bad sectors?

I downloaded Data LifeGuard Diagnostics for Windows and started Extended scan of my WD Blue 1TB.  It’s been over 14 hrs and it only looks like it’s 50% finished.  I am guessing that’s because I have many bad sectors?  Is there anything I can do at this point?  Should I let Data LifeGuard Diagnostics just run, I am not sure how much longer it will take as for some reason the estimated complete time is going up.