WD Blue 500gb SSD not showing up

I had the same problem. Drive showed up in bios and device manager, but not disk management. The drive had been added to a storage space. Meaning when I go to Control Panel\System and Security\Storage Spaces it showed up under physical drives. I had to remove the drive from the storage space and then I could format under disk management. See this article for the solution:

Hi, sorry to revive this old post.
I have the same problem. Currently I have 1 HDD WD Black 1TB for the OS on SATA1, and 2 HDD WD Green 2TB in RAID 0 on SATA3 and SATA4. Everything works fine. SATA1 to SATA4 are in RAID mode. SATA5 and SATA6 also in RAID mode.
I wanted to add an SSD to improve the performance of the equipment. I have a WD Blue 250GB SSD and a WD Blue 500GB SSD. Both are detected in the BIOS, but they are not recognized by Windows 10. It does not even recognize them when I want to install Windows 10 from scratch. If I change the BIOS to AHCI mode, Windows 10 recognizes the SSD, the WD Black 1TB HDD (with a little extra work) but I lose access to the RAID 0 with the two WD Green 2TB HDDs.
In short, leaving the BIOS in RAID mode I cannot use any of the SSDs, and if I change the BIOS to AHCI mode both work fine but I lose access to the data in RAID 0.
The only solution I found was to leave SATA1 to SATA4 in RAID mode, and put SATA5 and SATA6 in IDE mode, plug the SSD into these ports, and that’s how all drives work. But … connecting a new SSD as IDE I lose a lot of performance. Is there any better solution?