WD Black 1TB constantly "Goes To Sleep"

I recently bought a WD Black 1TB HDD. WD1003FZEX. I installed it in a self powered NexStar TX USB 3 aluminum external enclosure. I wanted to use it with my windows 10 computer which is used for monitoring my security cameras. The problem is that it “goes to sleep” (not sure I’m using the right terminology) every couple of minutes which causes problems when the computer tries to write to the drive. Is there any way to stop this from happening?? I’ve checked in Control Panel ->Advanced Settings and there are only 2 options under USB settings. Use selective suspend setting → Enabled or Disabled (it’s disabled right now).

I’m really at a loss here. I’m beginning to wonder if there may be a compatability issue. It was listed as a gaming hard drive. I may have mistakenly chosen the wrong hard drive. I figured it would work since a gaming drive would be running constantly. I’m not a gamer so this may be a wrong assumption on my part. I have several other WD Blue drives that don’t go to sleep. I’ve put a 1TB Blue drive in the enclosure for now.

Would anyone have any suggestions on how to stop this drive from going to sleep or do I need to get rid of it and get a different drive??

Thank you in advance. Also, if I’ve posted this in the wrong place or category, please let me know. I rarely use forums so I may have put it in the wrong place. If I have, please accept my apology.

Hi @Wolff,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask