WD Backup to Dropbox - Unmodified files getting deleted/reuploaded

I created a plan in WD Backup to backup folders from my computer to my Dropbox account. Each time it runs, every single file gets uploaded and it takes many hours even though only a few or no files at all were modified since the last backup. When I go to the dropbox website and view my events / file logs, I can see that each file is removed and then added again whenever the backup runs. Is this normal behavior for WD Backup and Dropbox? I can’t find settings on either end that would backup only the files that were modified.

1 Like

Have you looked at this?

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=10474&s=#dropbox3

I have checked that page and all connected pages but there was nothing that addresses my specific issue.

What WD Device do you own?

This did not help? Backup Your Files Using WD Backup for Windows

My device is My Passport 2TB Portable drive WD My Passport External Portable Hard Drive HDD (1 TB to 5 TB) | Western Digital
My software is WD Backup

What works as expected:

*I have been using a daily plan to backup files from my desktop computer to My Passport. When it runs, it only copies files that have been added/modified since the last backup. Works as desired.

*I added a daily plan to backup files from my desktop computer to my Dropbox account. The first backup worked as expected: my files were added to Dropbox.

My issue:

*When the dropbox backup plan runs, it does not only backup new/modified files. It backs up every file (which takes more than a day, so it doesn’t finish before the next scheduled backup). In my dropbox event logs, it indicates that each file is being removed from dropbox and then added to dropbox once again. This is not necessary and is functioning differently than backing up to My Passport.

I’m experiencing this exact same issue.

Do we have a solution?