WD Backup not working on schedule

skiman…I’m not normally on this thread…Software & Mobil, but saw your post today about this issue…I posted my issue here: My Scheduled Passport Backup did not run on my Schedule and no Indicator as to WHY not, - #3 by HowAboutMe

• I have 2 Passport devices, that I backup my 1 PC, daily and weekly. The weekly one started failing to execute, even with start/end notifications appearing. The WD display would say Missed…and not reason at all.
  • it was working fine for 6mo, till I ran into a huge backup issue of 4million files accumulating from my Mozilla cache2 folder. I cleaned up and redid my schedule and file selection about 3weeks ago.
  • what I found was a comment about Pausing and Resuming a Backup schedule. I toggled this item and will wait till Sunday. I don’t know if you, like me, might have changed any of your target files, or date/time…I’m not saying that this is it, but that was the only thing I can remember doing…I went from Daily to weekly and reduced the file/folder selection.
  • my other daily backup has been going off without a hitch, and I’ve been checking every day, especially with the weekly failure.
  • I wondered about sleep mode on a devices, and maybe changing to that…however, I don’t think that would do it. I’ve tried accessing the drive prior to scheduled time.
  • my ver is 1.9.7375.5719, older, that was loaded in Apr…not sure how to find a newer version.