WD Backup file history and drive space management

Application: WD Backup on Windows 10 PC, backing up to my Passport Ultra 3TB.
Questions:

1. How does WD Backup manage the number of backup data versions that reside on the portable drive?
  2. In a similar context, how does WD Backup manage disk space on the portable drive, and what happens if accumulated backup files fill up the drive? Do older versions of backed up data automatically get deleted to make way?
  3. Having redefined Backup Plan a number of times, do i have the option of deleting the file data associated with prior backup plans, so i can focus on current backup plan? If so, how would I recognize the data associated with redundant backup plans when browsing the WD Swstor folders of the portable drive?

Supplied (and online) documentation does not appear to cover these questions.

Basically WD Backup performs a incremental backup process and stores upto 5 copy of data files in ’ History ’ folder while the updated backed up file in ’ Volume '. You can check the History and Volume folder in WDBackup.swstor file folder.

While WD Backup never deletes files automatically when it fills the drive and need to manually delete data files to make some free space for more backup. However, you may also reduce Backup Job Size In WD Backup to add more backup data . You may refer this KBA for more details:
https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=20503&lang=en