WD Anywhere Backup

Hi,

I’ve been using WD Anywhere Backup on my computer for over a year. Can you use it to backup another computer on my home network? The NAS device is the My Book World Edition II (white light).

I installed Anywhere Backup on the 2nd PC, but I don’t seem to be able to get passed the screen where it says I have 29 days to go on the trial version. The software runs fine and is currently in the process of backup up. Is there a way to get it to “not” be considered a trial?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Look at the license agreement, you probably have to buy a license for each PC. Most software is for only 1 PC very few allow one license to cover more than one unit.

But I thought its supposed to work on 5 computers.

No?

Steve

I don’t know then maybe you have enter a key to activate then.

saz25 wrote:

Hi,

I’ve been using WD Anywhere Backup on my computer for over a year. Can you use it to backup another computer on my home network? The NAS device is the My Book World Edition II (white light).

I installed Anywhere Backup on the 2nd PC, but I don’t seem to be able to get passed the screen where it says I have 29 days to go on the trial version. The software runs fine and is currently in the process of backup up. Is there a way to get it to “not” be considered a trial?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

You should have multiple licenses with the My Book World drive, and WD Anywhere Backup should automatically detect it.  You can try downloading the latest version from our downloads page, and see if that detects the drive.  If that doesn’t help, then you might want to contact WD Technical Support for further help on this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en