WD Anywhere Backup (Mac) - Restore not showing files to restore!

I have a Macbook and the HDD died…  This got fixed and am now trying to restore files that had been backed up using WD Anywhere onto a WD Sharespace (at least I got this)

Backups were being done in Secure mode (hence I can’t simply go into the drive and bypass WD Anywhere software).

Using latest 2.5.127 version of WD Anywhere.

When I go to Restore, I get to the Select Items to Restore window (after having entered in the correct password for the Secure backup).  However, it just says on the bottom of the window “Refreshing” and this has been HOURS (like 12) and I still don’t see any files in the window to select to restore.

Please can anyone help???

Hi there, what if you click on Actions> Reactivate backup plan?

It will allow you to manually select a previous backup to load it, after that you can try to restore it again and see if it helps…

Hi, this is my first posting and I wasn’t sure whether (or how) to start a new topic.  I’m using Mac OS 10.4.11, a WD MyBook, home edition I believe, and WDAB 2.5.  I want to restore files that have been backed up over several months, but the only folder that shows up is one I created yesterday.  It’s also erratic whether the MyBook shows up in my Finder at all, and I suspect the backup software slows down other operations. When it was showing up, I copied all my documents to the HD, but I was hoping to restore the whole Library (if that’s a good idea).  Also, WDAB seems to have created a lot of duplicate files with @ and a timestamp on my HD, then backed them up so they came back with the rest.  

Any suggestions on how to proceed with retrieving my data and avoiding problems in the future?

P.S.  I don’t see any option of “Actions> Reactivate backup plan.”

otter888 wrote:

I have a Macbook and the HDD died…  This got fixed and am now trying to restore files that had been backed up using WD Anywhere onto a WD Sharespace (at least I got this)

Backups were being done in Secure mode (hence I can’t simply go into the drive and bypass WD Anywhere software).

Using latest 2.5.127 version of WD Anywhere.

When I go to Restore, I get to the Select Items to Restore window (after having entered in the correct password for the Secure backup).  However, it just says on the bottom of the window “Refreshing” and this has been HOURS (like 12) and I still don’t see any files in the window to select to restore.

Please can anyone help???

I’ve exactly the same problem. Do you or anyone else devised a solution? Thanks.