WD 1TB My Passport Portable Hard Drive not recognised on my Samsung TV

Hi there,

I currently own 2 x WD Elements SE 1TB USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive’s and a Buffalo 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive. When I plug these 3 units straight in to the USB ports of my Samsung LA46C650 Series 6 46inch LCD TV , the TV recognises them and plays the video files for me (AVI, FLV, MP4, MKV etc).

However, I just bought a new WD My Passport 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive and when I plug this in to the tv, nothing happens. There is no error message and it does not even appear on the source list.

Is there any reason as to why this would be happening?

I await anyone’s assistance.

Thank you.

Glenn.

Try testing the drive on a computer to make sure the drive works.

Could be a power or file system issue.

Are the other drives formatted FAT32?

1 Like

Try unplugging the elements that works and try the one that doesn’t and see if it works. You will probably find more help posting in the TV section.

Joe

1 Like

Hi Joe.

Thank you for the reply. I had already unplugged the otehr drives and that did not seem to work.

I have reformatted the had drive in fat32 and it seems to be ok now.

Cheers!

Im having a similat issure. I have 2 passport 1tsb hard drives, one works, this new one doesnt. It comes up saying I have no videp files on it, yet there are 77…

I have similar problem , it seems that there is a problem connecting 2 passports at the same device , TV,s … Or computers

I try to connect 2 new passports to my Toshiba , win7 (64) system , the computer system always recognise the 1st one connected , I have no error message , no conflicts , just the software couldn’t read the other (last connected) drive , they both 1T , they both the same specification ( essential SE model )

I need , like others some help

thanks

In Windows 2 indentical drives that are the same size cause a signature Collision Error. See post 11 for a fix http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Passport-for-PC/Copy-files-from-one-drive-to-another/m-p/277504/highlight/false#M7587 I don’t know if the same applies to TV try posting in the TV section.

Joe

I have a similar problem but I have reformatted for Fat32 but the tv does not recognise it