Was sleep ever fixed on GEN 1 devices?

Hi Bennor,

I already posted my question (probably a bit too long) in the thread for the respective firm ware but I guess the thread is already too old and got forgotten (Firmware 4.05.00-315 Discussion - #195 by maxshrex).

Does exist a comprehensive guide on what modules need to be disabled and how to do it for a tech novice like me? I found quite a number of posts cluttered in this forum that indicate that disabling certain functionalities when SSHing into the Drive, result in better sleep times but I could not find a guideline that clearly says how to do it and what (potential negative) consequences this has for the overall functionalities. If you know such source in this forum, could you link it for me?

To be more precise on the questions I have after reading through various not connected posts: How do I write a start up script and can I just copy it on the hard drive via file explorer or do I have to use SSH for that part - if so, how? Do I have to make changes to the monitorio functionalty? What negative consequences can occur on disabling the cron jobs as this does not seem to be common sense in the discussion about the sleep issue. Does a start up script have to be re initiated from time to time (does the mycloud disable such script eventually)? Could I still leave twonky and media serving switched on or does that automatically lead to a never sleeping mycloud, even when currently not in use?

I’m not expecting a guaranteed solution for my individual case but rather some kind of orientation from a more experienced user than myself - that I could try and follow as some kind of red line.

Thanks!