Wall View Movie Sheet

I’ve been looking around this forum for hours trying to find a “wall view” moviesheet to try.  Can someone direct me to a link for something like this?

Thanks,

Mike

something like this?

http://www.wdtvlive.net/showthread.php?812-Lstar337-s-Split-Sheet-v3.0-Movie-Sheets!&p=5543

http://www.wdtvlive.net/showthread.php?812-Lstar337-s-Split-Sheet-v3.0-Movie-Sheets!&p=5543

Exactly – Many Thanks !!

Mike

You do know that is not for the Hub ?

Nope, didn’t know that.  Is there anyting like it for the hub?

Thanks,

Mike

Not really No.

Well not as nice due to WD limitations, there are some very nice custom themes, but you have to sacrifice a lot (in my opinion) for network shares as you have to be a few firmwares back to get the best out of them. You also have to mess about with moviesheets and the likes.

It’s a shame that the Hub seems have taken a leap forward, but is still stuck in the dark ages for looks, whether that is deliberate to stop slowdowns no one has ever really said.

While I agree that WD isn’t a great firmware developer, I haven’t found any hardware to match the hub.  I hate running at 2.07.17, but if it is the only way to see the moviesheets I like, thats fine.  That being said, have you knowledge of any hardware platform which provides “slick themes with moviesheets” and NAS shares?

I tried the Pivos Aios and was sadly disappointed.  I even thought about a Blu-Ray player with such features, but never found any such animal.  I think the chipsets are there but the industry hasn’t made what we are all looking for.

Mike

Yes you make a valid point I suppose.

But to further a post I just typed a minute ago.

Lets look at the horrible folder icons, no way off putting pictures for connected drives etc. This should all be able to tweak surely. I have also been looking at different boxes, but sometimes its better the devil you know, but what do you get for this loyalty/laziness ? Firmware updates giving me a baseball streaming site…who asks for this ?

The scary part is, there will be a better WD product on the horizon, so why make this all singing, when they can sell you a “solution” :slight_smile:

I guess WD is weighing cost against payback, but I agree – who needs baseball channels, why not correct some firmware instead.

I think the hub will have a new release this fall (if their “rotation of updates” continues to be around 2 to 3 years).  The SMP got a better sigma chip in oct. 2011 so I am guessing the hub will see updates by oct. 2012.  They upgraded the RAM in their SMP from 256 to 512 also (probably needed for the hub at this point since we are all looking to stream Blu-ray).

But, who knows, maybe someone else is already positioned to “de-throne” the hub and grab their market.  That is what makes it fun – chasing the best provider (hehehehe).  Maybe samsung?

Enjoy,

Mike