VSFTPD Install

The pure-ftpd binary running on the EX2, I believe has been custom compiled by WD from source code and modded to not use the normal config file but rather a custom xml config file, that also stores other settings. Keep in mind, mucking with this config file voids your warranty…so proceed at your own risk. This config file is stored at /etc/NAS-CFG/config.xml and stores other configs as well beyond just ftp. The ftp configs are near the end of the file but not at the very end…just a little before the end. But editing this file is actually futile because if you restart EX2, this file goes away and a new one comes to its place losing all your edits. That’s because the config file is copied from the backup location (from where other config stuff is also copied) at startup. That backup file is /usr/local/config/config.xml - editing this will save your changes and get copied over at boot time. However, as I said in my last answer, which I was typing while you wrote your most recent comment, the ftpd has nothing to do with SFTP. If you don’t know that, then perhaps it is time for you to familiarize yourself with SFTP a bit more than you do now. The ftp configs only affect FTP, not SFTP.