Voodoo (0.02.03 beta Now Out)

Hey YasrKasem,

To get the reflections to show, you have to use the Cover box templates with TG.  The reflections are in the Cover boxes and is not generated by the theme.

When you generate the Cover boxes, you have to set TG to export them as .png’s then manually change the extension to .jpg (don’t use an image editor to do this) for them to show up correctly.

Hi TW great work BTW- Did you change the font style for the OSD theme?

If so can you please point me in the right direction?

you can’t change the font at the very bottom or in different views along the side etc…, this is part of the box.

All the other writing is png files,and they can be any style you want.

TW, I think you need to add VooDoo to your signature line. It’s as good if not better than Mojo.

Now my real question. Would it take alot of code change for us to implement full thumbgen sheets instead of your version of movie data without TG. I like TG sheets because I can customize the fonts and positions for the crappy resolution on my TV. I really like your themes but I’m stuck on TG.

BTW, nobody does (WDHUB) MUSIC like you do. Your work on detail is superb.

zam,

Thanks, glad you like Voodoo.  However, I’m not doing anything with full moviesheets right now.

Like you, I like the moviesheets, and use them on my WDTV Live player, but right now I’m trying to keep the themes simpler so that they will work with both my TG coverboxes and with “Get Info” gererated thumbnails.

I understand that many users want themes that use moviesheets, but there are also many that don’t want to bother with having to make them.  The problem is that you have to do either/or and another problem is that depending on how you implement moviesheets into a theme, moviesheets from one theme won’t work with another theme.  So not only do I have to implement moviesheets, I also have design moviesheets that fit in with my themes.

Right now, this is something that I’m not that keen on doing, mainly due to time constraints and I have a hard enough time coming up with new, never before seen images for the themes.

But, if WD doesn’t implement the ablity to use moviesheets some time in the next couple of releases or they give an “Unplanned” in the ideas forum for them, then I may develop a seperate version of MOJO and VOODOO to allow moviesheets to be displayed.

TW

OK. 'nuff said. I’ve been using Extreme 2.5 cover flow TW version. I like your music handling, although the new themes are even better.

Would it be possible to add line to either Voodoo or Mojo to show the rating and runtime. Just one line below the actors and before the Plot. When family or friends are watching, they want to get an idea before commiting to a movie,  how many stars it earned, how long it’s gonna last and in case of kids present is it rated for their age. I can make the changes if you’ll point me to the right xml and place in that file.

I wish there was a TG for theme creation.

Thanks

Well, as far as add the rating, I’ve been looking into a way to add the MPAA rating to Voodoo.  You can do so for the Video view (which is the small grid view in the standard theme), so far I haven’t been able to, but I haven’t had a lot of time to try and work it out so that it will take it from the metadata info.

However, I do have a work around which I will add to Voodoo for the next release.  I’m going to have to some testing though to see how well it works.  I’ll update the pics when I have this working in the theme.

As far as have an IMDB rating, I haven’t given it much thought, but I look into this to see if there is a posible work around.  If I find some way to add this I’ll drop you a PM and let you know.

If nothing else, you could make Cover box sheets that show the MPAA & IMDB ratings like the first three shown HERE.

How about something like this for MPAA.

Pardon my amatuerish attempt at image shopping. This was I was going to try to implement.

http://home.pacbell.net/relting/index

Your link comes up as a blank page. 

Try it this way

http://home.pacbell.net/relting/

I add the picture here, but you know how long pictures take to be authorized.

You should try adding the pic to Flickr, or something similar.  Pics are uploaded instantly so others can view.

By the way, THIS is mine with the MPAA rating.

OK. Hows this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58519084@N05/5753922540/

Yep, that’s better.

I see what you want.  First the run time can be added natively, I just deleted it from this theme, but you can add that by adding these lines to “rv_gallery_browse_page.xml”:

<text x=“254” y=“175” w=“380” h=“26” text=“@@totaltime” fontsize=“24” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left” />

The green line is what you need to add, and change the “x” and “y” postions to were you need them.

As far as the MPAA & IMDB ratings, the MPAA ratings could be added natively if I can figure out how to implement the variable to the Gallery view.  Right now the only views that will except the MPAA rating natively is the Large and Small grid views.  But I have been working on a work around.

The IMDB rating (which uses a 10 star rating) is almost impossible to add, the only thing that I can do is to add the user defined 5 star rating like MOJO has. 

As I said though, I am looking at work arounds for all of this and I will notify you if and when I find something.

1 Like

Bump for Beta Test Version. 

See first post for download link.