Virus in Smartware

DL’ed latest copy Smartware. Opened and was advised by my antivirus s/w that virus IDP.ALEXA.51 was present. Directed clean and a/v software deleted Smartware. Is anyone else having this problem?

Same exact problem - driving me nuts, tryng to fix. See WDSMartware.exe application file quarantined by AVG ANTVIRUS PROGRAM - #3 by Gramps3.
Called free AVG tech support in the Philippines. Big waste of time. just a come-on to get some online very expensive AVG paid tech support.

I’m now convinced that AVG anti virus and WD Smartware are no longer compatible.

My computer savy grandson suggested BESTBUY’S Geek Squad or some similar local service. If you find a solution please let me know.

Gramps33

PS: Try the forums at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/. That is my next stop. Good Luck

FWIW, here is the long error message I keep getting at the end of the installation
of WD SmartWare version 2.4.16.16 dated 6/21/2016

Error launching onboardingexeSystem.ComponetModel.Win32Exception
(0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
At System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartO
at SmartWareBA.ViewModel.LaunchSmartWareOnboarding0)

On Saturday 07/23/2016 I called WD Tech support at General Support 1 (800) 275-4932
and talked to a WD tech in Costa Rica. He created a case file # for me, and suggested
I call back on Monday and talk to a level 2 WD tech. He said The Win32Exception indicated
I may have a registry error that is causing the problem. Before calling WD be sure you have your
WD Passport Ultra Serial # handy. It is on the sticker on the back of the drive in very very small print.

Keep in touch. Gramps33 07/23/2016 Dated 4:45PM CDT