Viemo and Facebook problem

Hello. Dont play any video from viemo, and dont show videos preview. In facebook application dont show any photos and video.

Hi, have you tried doing a powercycle or pressing the reset button? Also check if you have the latest firmware installed. 

Yes, i Have installed a latest firmware, but dont help. AOL HD doesn’t work still. I am very disappointed in purchase. I bought as the device from the world leader, and received a low-quality product

Vimeo and AOL HD are working OK here on the WD play.

richUK,

I have no reasons to lie.
It is possible to reinstall the firmware, reset button didn’t help?

cattus wrote:

richUK,

I have no reasons to lie.
It is possible to reinstall the firmware, reset button didn’t help?

I never said you were lying just letting you know that its more specific to you and not the player generally.

This is my facebook page. Does not show any images, does not work image zoom (I get message “that format is not supported”

Maybe employees of WD will tell me what to do?

Hi cattus, please check your private messages? 

jubei04

thank You.

I’ll be waiting

How will a private message to a single user help other people who are having this same problem? 

“Hello, I am having the same problem with Facebook.  Will you send a private message to cattus to fix it?” 

And where is his “thank you, that fixed it” message?  Did the private message contain special code that caused cattus’ hands to stop working?

Sorry for the rant.  I just get all uppity when solutions become trade secrets.

Hi, Roget

No secrets are present! Support didn’t solve my problem. They suggested to change the device in shop, and I have no such opportunity

All APP on WD TV PLAY it’s a little **bleep**:

• Youtube → Live Stream don’t work 4 example

• All The Games → Has no audio

• All Sport Feed → For me not working

WD TV Plays it’s only a good media player when you try to watch only x264 (best it’s profile Hight@L3.1) or xvid (i have tryed many whit various profile… never found problems) …

Some month ago i have buy this WD TV Play i have move it on my bedroom and i have buy a Raspberry for my home-threathe room… it’s another world!

Thanks for responding.  I wondered what became of the issue.  I am having the same problem with Facebook.

I know that the WD Play is limited by nature (nature of price) in it’s ability to read certain video, audio and picture file formats.  I was aware when I bought it that the WD Live read more formats.  I only needed it for Netflix and it does an adequate job for the low price I paid for it.  I made the decision to save the $40 because my parents don’t care about Facebook.  They use their laptop for that.

That being said, I am EXTREMELY perplexed at how they can allow this app to be available on their device when it does such a poor job.

THAT BEING SAID: Western Digital guys…CAN  you make a Youtube video of someone on a WD Play viewing a slideshow on Facebook?  I would be VERY INTERESTED to see you guys do this.

Roget wrote:

Thanks for responding.  I wondered what became of the issue.  I am having the same problem with Facebook.

I know that the WD Play is limited by nature (nature of price) in it’s ability to read certain video, audio and picture file formats.  I was aware when I bought it that the WD Live read more formats.  I only needed it for Netflix and it does an adequate job for the low price I paid for it.  I made the decision to save the $40 because my parents don’t care about Facebook.  They use their laptop for that.

That being said, I am EXTREMELY perplexed at how they can allow this app to be available on their device when it does such a poor job.

THAT BEING SAID: Western Digital guys…CAN  you make a Youtube video of someone on a WD Play viewing a slideshow on Facebook?  I would be VERY INTERESTED to see you guys do this.

i thinks all it’s correctly… i thinks only WD Play it’s limited by firmware on some video codec… there exist some information about hardware of WD Play is not so inferior respect ad “old” WD Live…