VERY slow network speed!

Spock wrote:

Cabling may be an issue here.  I have Cat 5e and Cat 6 all over except for one link.  Cat 5 is built into the house and not easy to change.  Cat 5 does not support Gigabit Ethernet bandwidth - effectively crippling all the Gig interfaces to Fast Ethernet (100Mb/s).

Anyone with perfect Cat 6 cabling?

Cat 5 works fine with gigabit switches except if you have strong EMI/RFI in your house. Currently running my home network with ftp cat 5 so cabling is not the issue with this device.

Sure, Cat 5 works, but you will not get the bandwidth the Gig eth. interfaces can provide.

Hi Spock,

believe me, cabeling is not an issue. I tried with CAT5e and CAT6 cabel, the GBit Switch was not more tha 2 meters away…

No, no this is not the reason.

Cheers

Wave64

Ok,  I rest my case :mansurprised:

Just got myself a 4TB version, what a joke , can’t get any more than 6.5 mbs no matter what combination I use. Wish I’d read this forum first. Can only suggest to anyone considering this to look else where.

I can see this ending up on a popular online auction site.

WD how long can we expect?

Forget it…

If we praise WD you get answer. If you want a solution or only a little answer or statement…nothing.

bill_s is here to punish you. Not to solve problems.

I’m not here to punish anyone.  I’m here to enforce the Usage Guidelines.  We are working on the issue with the Sharespace.  If you are not capable of waiting on it, then you need to contact Technical Support for an RMA of the device.  You can discuss any further issues with them. 

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

1 Like

We appreciate your patience while we have investigated this issue. We have released a patch that will improve the transfer rate on affected units. If you are experiencing these issues please apply the following patch located on the knowledge base answer below.

Link: http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduse​r/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5754

3 Likes