Version 1.7.1.2- Tool to scrape TV Show Information for the WDTV Live Hub [9/17/2012]

bryantwc1 wrote:

South Park has 14 seasons and SNL has like 35 or so… maybe that is the issue.

I couldn’t duplicate that error with either of those series.

The tool is able to handle up to 99 seasons, with 99 shows per season… 

Can you reproduce that issue?   If so, what are the EXACT STEPS and SETTINGS you used?

Just wondering if we can create our own xml files for say the season? For example say dexter, when we click on dexter it shows what year/actors etc up the top and down the bottom lists what seasons we have on the hub.

anddy01 wrote:

Just wondering if we can create our own xml files for say the season? For example say dexter, when we click on dexter it shows what year/actors etc up the top and down the bottom lists what seasons we have on the hub.

No, the tool doesn’t look to see what files are present.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

anddy01 wrote:

No, the tool doesn’t look to see what files are present.

Is it possible to do this part without the tool? Or simply not possible? Cheers

I think your question has to do with THEMES, not this particular tool, right?    If so, I would recommend you post your question in the THEME forum.

What a great tool! This is exactly what I need. I only have a few questions:

When I want to process Desperate Housewifes (73800), I’ll get the following error:

And, what do I need to to to clear the ‘cache’ on the WDTV live, sometimes the old .mxl info is showed. I cleared the media library and the info in the ‘/WDTVLiveHub/.wd_tv/thumb’ directory, but for example the new backdrop images in the .xml are not shown.

And a final thought, would it be nice that the program also created a ‘folder.jpg’ file?

Again, thanks for this great tool!!

Having an issue with the banners being displayed as backgrounds, although I think it is the hub that is playing up and not the tool at all.

On some of my TV shows it is displaying the incorrect banners. Eg Big Bang Theory is showing the Supernatural banners.

I do think this may be a problem with the hub and the way it caches some information. Anyone else having issues like this?

The tool is somehow remembering the last set of banners.  If you close it down and open again it only loads the banners in for the new episodes you searched

Forgot to say great tool this will save me hours of work, thank you Tony

TonyPh12345 wrote:

bryantwc1 wrote:

South Park has 14 seasons and SNL has like 35 or so… maybe that is the issue.

I couldn’t duplicate that error with either of those series.

The tool is able to handle up to 99 seasons, with 99 shows per season… 

Can you reproduce that issue?   If so, what are the EXACT STEPS and SETTINGS you used?

Just tried to recreate the issue and it worked fine this time! Not sure what the issue was.

Blimp330 wrote:

And a final thought, would it be nice that the program also created a ‘folder.jpg’ file?

Again, thanks for this great tool!!

I think this is a great idea too - having the option to download the DVD Season art as ‘folder.jpg’

This is an awesome tool!  Thanks!

Blimp330 wrote:

When I want to process Desperate Housewifes (73800), I’ll get the following error:

Fixed in next release…  Desparate Housewives has more than 99 “episodes” in Season 0.

whyte46 wrote:

The tool is somehow remembering the last set of banners.  If you close it down and open again it only loads the banners in for the new episodes you searched

Forgot to say great tool this will save me hours of work, thank you Tony

I think this is also fixed in the next release; I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue, but I think I know why it could occur;   the memory wasn’t being properly cleared when going from one series to the next.

In the meantime, all, just close the program and restart it between different TV shows.

great app thonyph easy and simple! but is it normal that the genre is on 3 lines because only 1 make it on screen and it’s not possible to edit in the app it’s grey

it’s the same way with official xml with themoviedb

But only the first is used

But my secret hope is the exploitation of the lid parameter for non english metadata (I think you’re interested too :wink:)

the WD live hub is not very grateful for non english people for the moment :frowning:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Fixed in next release…  Desparate Housewives has more than 99 “episodes” in Season 0.

That’s great news, thanks for the quick reply!

boucher wrote:

great app thonyph easy and simple! but is it normal that the genre is on 3 lines because only 1 make it on screen and it’s not possible to edit in the app it’s grey

You’re right, but I think this is a bug in the Hub.

If I put everything in ONE TAG, then the SORT / FILTER by GENRE view will NOT WORK if there’s multiple genres in one tag.

I’m going to leave it like it is right now, and hopefully WD will address this in a future firmware.

By the way, this brings up a separate issue…  the DIRECTOR tag should be formatted the same way, but I had previously been doing them as a SINGLE tag.  But I’m going to have to change that to do MULTIPLE tags, just like GENRE, which, until WD fixes this same issue, the Hub will only show a single director.

That’ll be changed in the next release, too.

Language support:    I know I’m slighting non-English speakers, but for now it’s the best I can do.

The TVDB does have support for additional languages, and I do plan on adding support for it.

But right now, I’m really writing this for myself, and I’m sharing it for those that want it.  ;)

I’ll give the same party line as the host of this forum:   "I’m looking into it, but I can’t promise when, or if, it will be implemented. "   :smileyvery-happy:

:smileyvery-happy:

happily, I prefer Original version for tv show :slight_smile: So not difficulty to wait for a moment

My wife a little bit less :stuck_out_tongue:

I have loads of Russian TV shows, Music and films (my Wife is Russian), that I’d like to have metadata for, but think it’s going to be a long haul manually creating them, ho hum.  

1.0.2.11 has been uploaded;  check the top post for details.

Wow.  Over 500 downloads.  :)

Release 1.0.2.11 1/29/2011
  -- Corrected Abnormal Termination if user selects a Show ID that has XML but no valid episodes inside it.
  -- Corrected several issues where data from previous series remained in memory when user selected a new series
  -- Removed spurious "|" symbols flanking the Genre and Director fields.
  -- Fixed "Array out of bounds" error for series with more than 99 "episodes" in a season.
  -- Added an option to include the EPISODE name in the OVERVIEW text, since hub is presently IGNORING
     the TITLE tag. This option is ENABLED by DEFAULT, but when this bug on the hub is fixed, I'll 
     change the default to DISABLED.
  -- Now the ORDER of BACKDROP presentation varies with the episode number. That way, as you scroll through the 
     episodes on the Hub, the different episodes' backdrops will initialize with a different backdrop.
     Example: Episode 1 will show backdrops 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 in that order.
                Episode 5 will show backdrops 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 .. 20, then 1, 2, 3.. and so on.
  -- Substantial performance improvement when saving SEASON or SERIES at a time by not continually updating the
     displayed image until the save is completed.
1 Like