Using MyCloud with xfinity Arris TG862 modem/router

I can’t successfully access my WD My Cloud after connecting it to my xfinity arris modem/router.

When I connect it to my NetGear router, I can access it, but I can only access it when my device or laptop is connected to that NetGear router directly.

But I am trying to get remote access when I am away from home via the internet, and I cannot do that when it is connected to my NetGear router after connecting the router to my xfinity modem/router, which is where I get my internet service.

I am abe to get internet service through my NetGear router when I connect it to my xfinity modem/router, but I cannot get remote access to my MyCloud.

To clarify:

xfinity modem/router connected to internet… can access the internet wirelessly

xfinity modem/router connected to MyCloud… cannot access MyCloud

xfinity modem/router connected to NetGear router… can access internet wirelessly thru either router

NetGear router connected to MyCloud (neither connected to xfinity modem/router)…

• can access MyCloud wirelessly ONLY thru NetGear router
  • cannot access internet thru NetGear router
  • can access internet wirelessly thru xfinity modem/router

xfinity modem/router connected to NetGear router connected to MyCloud…

• can access internet wirelessly thru either router
  • can access MyCloud wirelessly ONLY thru NetGear router
  • cannot access MyCloud remotely via internet

You can not do remote access when the My Cloud is part of a Subnet, you can try turning off the DHCP server for the NetGear router so you can basically use it as a switch. 

Well, how can I get it to work connected directly to the xfinity Arris TG862 modem/router?

When it is connected directly to that modem/router via Cat-6 cable, I cannot access the MyCloud at all.