User Rewards

User Rewards

UPDATE: The program has been extended until April 30. See below for updated criteria terms. Offer now available to US and Canada. Don’t forget to add #WDUserRewards to your post to participate!

Hey WD Community, we want to give back to our customers, so we have created a point system to reward those who actively participate in discussion, share their tech knowledge, and assist others in the community. Show your enthusiasm and expertise to earn prizes varying from lanyards to actual products!

How it works:

• Users will earn prizes by garnering points that can be exchanged for prizes.
  • In order to gain points, users will need to interact and engage with various posts on our forums either for SanDisk or WD by liking posts, posting in response to a thread or creating their own novel thread.
  • Each post should satisfy the following:
    • Be at least 100 characters in length
    • Asks a new question regarding one of our products OR Responds to a question regarding one of our products with a new helpful answer
  • Points are rewarded for each post and based on the amount of likes or the number of times a post is rated as a “Solution”. Posting one post will be rewarded 2 points. Each like is counted as 1 point, and each time a post is deemed as a “Solution” is 3 points. The more likes that a post gets or, the more points that user can receive.
  • Spam and general acknowledgement posts and likes will not be counted, and we will also be checking for fake accounts/bots.

• Use “#WDUserRewards” to note post is participating in the program.
  • The amount of points are ranked into tiers:
    • Bronze: 20 points
    • Silver: 35 points
    • Gold: 55 points
    • Platinum: 100+ points
  • The prizes for each tier are as follows:
    • Bronze: Water Bottle with the new Western Digital logo! (ARV $5)
    • Silver: T-shirt (ARV $10)
    • Gold: Gym tote bag (ARV $20)
    • Platinum: 2TB My Passport HDD Black (ARV $65)

Our representatives will contact you in order to receive your prizes!

This is a limited program (April 1 - April 30, 2022) while supplies last and once the highest tier is achieved, there is no renewal of points. Offer available only in the United States and Canada. Western Digital reserves the right to change or discontinue this offer at any time without notice.

1 Like

So harsh. . . . . but give them credit for trying!

The issue with the forums is related to the product and the (lack of) development. Nothing of note is happening. . . so the power users are bored.

The best way to revitalize the forums, in my humble opinion, is to have more active WD participation. By active, I don’t mean what we have been seeing over the last year (Robo-posting that push “Contact tech support” or links to a Quasi-relevant knowledge base article that really doesn’t answer the underlying question)

From a user perspective; the failure to address issues with the existing software feature set is what is driving the old timers to other non-wd product solutions.

I see the “rules” are designed to prevent spam posts (i.e. does THIS post count?). . . and to some extent I see how you would want to do that.

I see this post as a build on issues and posing rhetorical questions. . . .I suspect it counts for “nothing” in this rule set. . . a shame. . . .because some of the “related topic” banter is what makes for a living/breathing forum.

Edit: I just read the “rules”. . . . . . .

• 7 day program?
  • you actually have to put a tag in the post?
  • all entries reviewed for relevancy?

Let me know if anybody wins anything.

@dswv42
What browser are you using? Have you checked to see if you can change it?

Example image.

I have Windows 11 pro and by checking Settings>

Changes can be made!

I was super excited to see this announcement until I came to the second last line that the offer was limited to the US, excluding Canada. Knowing this, the program is somewhat irrelevant and any excitement that would have come with it. The other issue I think hurts the chances of someone gaining any amount of points is needing the “likes” and “solutions” of others. I’ve written a decent guide with hundreds of views but only four likes.

#WDUserRewards

@ActiveUser @NAS_user Thanks so much for your feedback on the program! We will keep this is mind for future use.

1 Like