User not authorized and Other Issues

Just after setting up my new device, I updated the firmware, made some adjustments in settings, etc… Went to bed, woke up in the morning (the device as asleep which is good) and when I log into my device - My Cloud EX2 switches off my cloud access and I see all types of errors now…

• User not authorized. (400057)

• Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the internet. (clearly, I have an internet connection)

This is very frustrating, hopefully the next firmware will resolve these annoying issues. Can anyone help me?

Hi mlk83, yesterday some WD server problems occurred, but you should be able to do remote access again. 

I gave it a try last night. Had the same problem.  My problem was with my router.  Rebooting the router solved the problem. I have a new router ordered as I want better speed on my wireless (not due to issues with the EX 2) but will try and remember to test the EX 2 power-down with it once it arrives.

What Router are you using? (or were using)

Hi mlk83

Can you provide more details on your network/device configurations:

1- Is your device connected to a workgroup or domain? are you on double NAT network (device is behind two routers) ?

2- Is UPnP enabled on your Netgear router? is there any auto/manual port forwarding configured on your router by you or other apps ?

3- I see you have tried to reset to factory defaults mutiple times, and you were saying it works fine right away or so and then again you hit the issue after certain time, roughly how long does it take to hit the issue again?

4- Are you using Admin user to add/remove cloud access accounts?

5- Have you ever tried to disable and re-enable Cloud Access through Settings - General – Cloud Access

6- The last but not least, if you are NOT beind Double NAT network config, I would suggest to use manual port forwarding on your EX2, by navigating tothe same path above and then Configure – make sure you use manual option and then use two unused port numbers for HTTP and HTTPS (e.g. 9095, 9096) and also make sure you manually forward them (these external ports) from your router to the IP address of your EX2 (Internal ports of EX2 will be always 80 and 443 for Cloud Access)

In step 6 scenario, we can make sure that your router is always sending/receiveing the cloud access traffic directly to your EX2 and hopefully narrow down the root cause of your issue.

Good Luck

mlk83 wrote:

I don’t have a static IP address, does this really matter? Or if I do need it, where do you recommend I get one.

Hi mlk83,

I’ve asked our tech support team to reach out to you.  You should be receiving a PM shortly if you haven’t already.

A Linksys…can’t remember the model number off hand. I rebooted it via its web interface