USB to NAS Backup

I notice several people were having issues with selecting source folder when creating backup job for NAS to USB or USB to NAS. WD support were not providing any useful suggestions excpet reset the device. I fixed my problem by removing a file created by the device on the USB storage called “.smbm”. In my case this file was empty, remove it I could now select my folders using the browse button and it populated the source dialog box.

Hope this helps others.

Welcome to the WD Community.

Thanks for sharing this with the community.

Photokes wrote:

I notice several people were having issues with selecting source folder when creating backup job for NAS to USB or USB to NAS. WD support were not providing any useful suggestions excpet reset the device. I fixed my problem by removing a file created by the device on the USB storage called “.smbm”. In my case this file was empty, remove it I could now select my folders using the browse button and it populated the source dialog box.

Hope this helps others.

You cannot back up to the My Cloud using usb, so what exactly do you mean?  Are you referring to backing up the My Cloud through its usb to an external drive?