USB HUB supported in WDTV Live?

Hello.

Can anyone tell me if USB Hubs are supported in firmware version 1.04.10_V of  WD TV Live HD Media Player?

If so, does anyone have any references of working ones?

Thanks and best regards.

Have a look at this thread click here 

It appears that hubs can be used but with only one disc connected. You may be able to use the other ports on the hub for wireless adaptors or wireless keyboard adaptors etc.

I have one hub with 7 ports and 5 external hard disks on it.I can have all the 5 disks open at the same time and access from the wd tv live.

George19855 wrote:

I have one hub with 7 ports and 5 external hard disks on it.I can have all the 5 disks open at the same time and access from the wd tv live.

And do you do that with the WD official firmware and is the 7 port hub connected to the WDTV?

No you use b-rad firmware don’t you.

I think we speak and for b-rad firmware.Yea i have the latest b-rad with 1.03.49 firmware and i can have all the drives work at the same time…

With the new firmware only one hard disk at a time.

Same question here… Original FW or b-rad???

I have b-rad.This is the only way to have many hard disks work at same time.

Hi there.

I’m running OFW and I just picked up a small non-powered hub and I was able to connect my Wifi adapter there without problems!

My idea would be to use this Wifi adapter and a wireless keyboard adapter, so this should go OK.

Thanks for all inputs.

Are you able to run 2 external harddiscs from 1 USB port on the WD TV Live, using the firmware or do you need b-rad to do that?

J4COB wrote:

Are you able to run 2 external harddiscs from 1 USB port on the WD TV Live, using the firmware or do you need b-rad to do that?

You’d need to try b-rad’s firmware for multiple HDD support from a single USB port / USB hub.

The official firmwares only support one HDD per USB port (although they do seem to support hubs and other devices alongside an HDD).