USB Flash Drive Compatibility List Thread

yes, i tried fat, fat32 and ntfs, to no avail. very frustrating :frowning:

i can browse files on the kingston, but can’t play them. the 2gb supertalent isn’t recognised at all since the fw-update.

mtech says that the Verbatim Store n Go 8GB works, so i ordered one 5 minutes ago. i will report if it does. lets hope the best ^^

but seriously, my dear tech-guys @ wd - you’ve made such a wonderful toy for us movie lovers - how could you mess it up so much with the usb compability???

leboef wrote:

Got the Kingston DataTraveler G2 with 8GB - and it doesnt work. I can browse files but it won’t play the media.

That’s a funny one, the G2. I had it working (the 16GB version) without problems (with the new firmware), but the next day it behaved like you describe … and it won’t eject, neither :frowning:

Cocovanna

Got the Verbatim Store n Go 8GB today, seems to work fine.

HP v125w doesn’t work (8GB)

Sandisk Cruzer 16 GB 

Work fine…

Sandisk Blade 16 gb Works Fine!

Supertalent PICO Drive 32 gb Works too!

One tip for all of you that have the problem of can browse the files on the usb flash drive, but can not play , try erasing the hidden directory .wd_tv it may be corrupted. It works for me.

Is it a matter that some of these drives read and write slower and faster  than others?

Is it the slower, cheaper ones, that  fail?

There are very high speed flash drives on the market but they cost alot more money.

Is it safer to say,  a high speed unit will do the trick???

Thanks,

The speed of a flash drive shouldn’t be an issue – it’s possible that a cheap one is not up to standards or some such, but even a very slow flash drive will be as fast or faster than any hard drive (just the nature of the medium).

Good to know.

I bought a higher end Kingston drive that I can return without issue if it doesnt workl…

Thanks

My Kingston 16GB never worked in my WDTV Live until I updated to firmware v1.04.10_V.

Now it works perfectly.

Hi, I’m actually looking into to buying the WD Media player, but I don’t want to invest in an expensive external harddrive when I’d be fine with simply using a flash drive.

Having said that, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I might be able to tell (if there is a way to tell) which flash drives will work on this media device and which ones won’t? I have a small 8 GB flash drive (CRUCIAL) but I have no idea of it’ll work on it, don’t know what to look up.

Thanks!