USB Backup Failure - settings question

gpineau wrote:

Well, I  have had it with this USB backup. I GIVE UP.

Evidently WD does not read this forum or ignores it. And according to other comments here it does no good to open a service ticket.  So for me I am disconnecting the USB drives and building a Windows home server to backup up the WDmycloud. 

So what I will have in the end is the EX2 with 10tb of storage as my main NAS, and a Windows home server with 12tb to back up the EX2.  

What a terrible waste of a decent  laptop, to use it as a crutch to secure my data stored on a supposedly redundent device from WD.  But I can not afford to leave 10 years of photos, music and videos unprotected.   

sorry to burst your bubble, but i just want to tell you this BEFORE you build your windows server as a backup for WDEX2: you can’t backup files from EX2 on the network except on another WD NAS.

so unles you do it the other way around WinSer → Ex2 , you will be dissapointed again

you can support my suggestion here by voting for this option: http://community.wd.com/t5/Network-Product-Ideas/EX2-Remote-backup-on-other-devices/idi-p/844034