Uprgrading from WD Live Plus Firmware [1.04.18_B] to [wdtvliveplus_1.05.04_B]

I currently have the WD Live Plus that came with Firmware 1.04.18_B, which doesn’t support 3TB drives. 

The earliest available firmware to do this I believe is wdtvliveplus_1.05.04_B.zip.

Does anyone have any issues with this release for this purpose, I didn’t want to install the latest firmware wdtvliveplus_1.06.16_B.zip since of all the REPORTED bugs with this release…

Thanks All!

Download the latest update and if you have any issues you can always do a roll back, that’s what I do when I have the option.

I already read coutless problems from customers that have upgraded to the latest firmware, would be the sense in using it after spending the time reading & finding it has serious bugs in it?

Im asking 1.05.04_B users what kind of issues if none have they had, I have no problems with 1.04.18_B and only need the ability to access 3TB drives…

Believe me, the internet can make things a lot bigger if you only search about problems. I have the Live Hub and that is my recommendation. Update the firmware, if you don’t like it uninstall it. 

TheOzz wrote:

I already read coutless problems from customers that have upgraded to the latest firmware, would be the sense in using it after spending the time reading & finding it has serious bugs in it?

Im asking 1.05.04_B users what kind of issues if none have they had, I have no problems with 1.04.18_B and only need the ability to access 3TB drives…

waiting for it

I continue to use 1.05.04_B on my Live Plus and refuse to replace it with the current version.  We have been promised a new version for months.  Those people who held their breath waiting for it have passed on from the long wait!

I suggest you put on ver. 1.05.04_B and live with it a while.  Download the Release Notes for the current version and peruse the list of “fixes” –  if any of those  fixes appeal to you, THEN put the current version on if you dare, and be prepared to revert back if necessary.  With ver. 1.05.04_B, reverting back will not be a concern…

I recently bought a used Live Plus ( to have around for a spare) and it has the current firmware, and when I turned it on it basically worked with what little testing I did before returning it to the box.  The owner said all he used it for was Netflix, so I have no real assessement on the firmware.  I do not use my Live for Netflix, as I prefer to use my Roku. 

Roku, now there is a product that just works and has no firmware issues!  If Roku ever makes a player like the WD Live, I am switching over to their player, because they do not put out products with half-a** firmware.  That said, I do love my WD, too – just not as much.

Thanks gents, going to go with the 1.05.04_B on my Live Plus, also downloaded wdtvliveplus_1.04.18_B.zip, the ver that came with the player for rollback if needed.  :slight_smile: