uPnP with Padavan firmware set for MyCloud

Because the ActionTec GT784WNV is ROUTER in addition to being modem, anything you connect to it while it is configured in non bridge mode will be behind the ActionTec GT784WNV’s firewall. Generally anything behind the router firewall (and not in the router’s DMZ zone) will not be accessible to those outside your local network unless; they gain access to your WiFi connection because it hasn’t been secured, or tap into your wired Ethernet Lan connection which requires physical access to your local network, or the router is configured to pass traffic from the Internet through to the local network device.

The ActionTec GT784WNV modem/router has the following features; 802.1x authentication, IP address filtering, Intrusion Detection System (IDS), MAC address filtering, MIMO technology, Multiple SSID support, NAT support, Quality of Service (QoS), RADIUS support, Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI), TR-069 Agent, DHCP server, URL filtering, Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) support, Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), firewall protection, port forwarding, DMZ port, DNS server, Denial of Service (DoS), DiffServ support, DoS attack prevention, IGMP proxy, IGMP snooping. Many of those features work to prevent unauthorized remote access to your local network.

For starters if you haven’t already done so you should read through the My Cloud User Manual (http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/?id=439&type=25) to understand how the device works. In particular how one can enable or disable Remote Access and how to password protect Shares.

If you want to have Remote Access to the My Cloud then you are opening up a potential security hole in one’s local network to allow internet traffic to pass through the router’s firewall to the My Cloud. There are several prior threads that discuss potential security issues with the My Cloud. See this thread/post for several of those threads.

https://community.wd.com/t/are-data-exchanges-ciphered/152977/2

Perhaps you should step back and look at what exactly your trying to do with the My Cloud. Why did you purchase it? What do you want to do with it? Do you really need to use two routers? What do you gain by using two routers? Read through the WD My Cloud User Manual to understand what the device can do and how to enable or disable Remote Access and other security features.