Updating my sn850 firmware using enclosure

hi guys

I just bought 1tb sn850 and I want to update the firmware but I don’t have PC or laptop that support m.2,so my question can I update the firmware by using enclosure?

thanks in advance

If you have a Thunderbolt adapter for M.2 that will most likely work.

I believe my laptop support usb 3.0 only,and I’m planning to use this enclosure since it’s compatible with 3.0 as well

Sabrent USB 3.2 Type-C Tool-Free Enclosure for M.2 PCIe NVMe and SATA SSDs (EC-SNVE) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RVC6F9Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_51B8SA7RZVW1PCVZAH45?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

and where I can download the firmware for my ssd,since I’m new to m.2 ssd things

thanks bro

The software to update retail firmware in Windows from WD is called Dashboard, you can download it from the support site.
USB 3.0 adapters are likely not to work. The bridge for USB to NVMe often hides some of the data the software uses to find the firmware update. You might have to try a different software and contacting WD support.

the enclosure or the adapter support 3.2

my laptop maximum support is 3.0

hi guys

I connect my sn850 as external using sabrent enclosure but wd Dashboard can’t detected it say no device detected,I connected via type c to type c

I want update the firmware but have no pc support m.2,any advice?