Update: Firmware 04.04.00-308

I’m on #308, playing with Automatic Camera Roll Backup funct. on Iphone (My Cloud app version 4.4.1). First try with no success, failed on circa 30%. I set it up once again and keeps going well but to my surprise it automatically restarted the first backup (the one that failed). So now I have 2 backups of my camera roll running together, both to the same directory on my My Cloud :neutral_face:

1. Is the backup incremental? Will it back up only the data that have changed since the last backup?

2. Is there a way to control the backup? E.g. to cancel?

I’m facing a serious issue with my cloud 4TB , it has updated the firmware itself to the version
04.05.00-315 after the update , the unit is getting more hot and the dashboard appear randomly on the browser . sometime it will keep initialising itself for more that 4 hours , after the initialization the dashboard will appear but will not respond to nay click .

I’m working on my company project since six months and everything are stored in this drive , the project should be delivered on 7 October and I am in trouble as all the project implementation are stored in my cloud , I though it was the secure area to keep such critical data , but i was wrong , now there are possibility for me to loss my job if I don’t recover the project. Cant someone help me ?.
I don’t it’s a good idea to have the auto update for such kind of drive and WD should have tested the firmware properly before posting . the temperature of the unit raised badly and I can feel like burning smell . The network port is still flashing and respond to a Ping without packet loss .

If you can still access the files, the first thing I would do is back everything up to another HDD. You really should be doing this routinely anyway, as any HDD can fail at any time.

Then do a 4-second reset.

Then run the diagnostics from the Dashboard.