Unsupported signal

Started using the WD Live Media player a couple weeks ago.

Today I get an on screen message saying “Unsupported signal. Check Device output”

I can’t get back into options to change anything.

Any Suggestions,thanks in advance

How are you connected to your display?

Try unplugging the power from the unit for a little while and plugging back in…

Thanks Tony,Doing that now,

No luck so far. I’ll leave everything unplugged while I go for dinner.

And then try a reset (with the paperclip in the side hole).  Just make sure you don’t hold for 10 seconds (which switches to PAL from NTSC and vice versa).

Now if you DID hold the paperclip for more than 10 seconds that might explain your issue as well…

Thanks Mike. I hadn’t reset when the problem arose, but I was in the menu to set up opticle rather than analog. I was on a settings page with alot of numbers I didn’t understand, so I went to exit, and was prompted to cancel or change setting. I hit cancel,but ended up with the above prompt.

It’s late here now so I will try again tomorrow. Also have a trouble ticket in, so I’ll see where that leads me.

“Resetting” hasn’t done anything for me yet.

BrianC70 wrote:

Thanks Mike. I hadn’t reset when the problem arose, but I was in the menu to set up opticle rather than analog. I was on a settings page with alot of numbers I didn’t understand, so I went to exit, and was prompted to cancel or change setting. I hit cancel,but ended up with the above prompt.

It’s late here now so I will try again tomorrow. Also have a trouble ticket in, so I’ll see where that leads me.

“Resetting” hasn’t done anything for me yet.

Okay, then what’s happened is this – you got to a network setup page (most likely by accident) and that was why it was telling you no signal (probably because the default settings there didn’t correspond to any network).  Do you *have* a network?  If not, then resetting the unit will fix all and you don’t need o worry anything further about it.

If you DO have a network you just need to set it up properly again.  The reset will also help with this, but if you have any questions about how to do that just ask and we’ll walk you through them (but the bottom line – don’t worry, there’s nothing wrong with your unit and we just need o get you straightened out).

DENORD wrote:

After no problem connection via HDMI of WDTW live (different firmwares)  with samsung lcd tv LE40M87BD, some day appears “Mode not supported” on TV. Was trying to reset player, change firmwares, set up mode both on AV and Component and then swith to HDMI - all negative result. Is it software or hardware problem, mulfunction of player or tv?

Please advise solution! Thanks in advance!

ps Even on startup, instead of logo “WD” have “Mode Not Supported”

Welcome to the forums.

In general it’s not either polite or productive to post a question on someone else’s thread, particularly when (as in this case) the original poster’s problem has nothing to do with yours.  What happens is that answers get lost as we try and solve two separate issues.

I’m not even sure you have a WD Live unit – what do you mean by WDTW?  If not, this is the wrong forum to post on.  If this IS the right forum, please start your own thread so we can help you exclusively on it.

Hi Mike

You were right,somehow the settings switched to PAL.

The paper clip wasn’t resetting the unit so I used something a bit bigger,Every thing is up and fine

Thankyou for taking the time to help, Mike

You’re welcome – you might want to mark the answer as “solved” to help others if they find this thread.