Unmount SSD drive do not work

Hi all,
When I try to unmount my SSD sanDisk pro 1 TB it tells me:
it is stil working in the background, Close the program and try again .
But there is no program running. What to do?
I made refresh few times, but it did not work.
Thanks for your help
Racin

If your SSD is your system it blocks that but CHKDSK runs from the pre boot

Hi @Mohracin
it’s frustrating when your computer won’t let you unmount your SSD! Here are some things you can try to unmount your SanDisk Pro 1TB SSD even though it says a program is using it:

Force Quit Hidden Processes:

• Press Command + Option + Escape to open the “Force Quit Applications” window.
  • Look for any suspicious processes that might be accessing the SSD, especially background processes you’re not familiar with.
  • If you find anything suspicious, select it and click “Force Quit.”

Check System Activity Monitor:

• Open the Activity Monitor app (located in Applications > Utilities).
  • Go to the “Disk” tab and sort by “Disk Read” or “Disk Write” to see which programs are actively accessing your storage drives.
  • Look for any abnormal disk activity associated with your SanDisk SSD. If you find anything suspicious, quit the associated program.

Check for Spotlight Indexing:

• Spotlight, macOS’s indexing service, can sometimes lock files while indexing them. Open System Preferences > Spotlight and click on the “Privacy” tab.
  • Check if your SanDisk SSD is listed in the “Privacy” tab. If it is, click the minus sign (-) to remove it from the list. This will temporarily disable Spotlight indexing for the drive, allowing you to unmount it.

Restart Your Mac:

• Sometimes, a simple restart can clear up temporary processes that might be preventing you from unmounting the drive.

Additional Tips:

• Make sure you haven’t accidentally left any files open on the SSD.
  • Try a different USB port.
  • Update your macOS software to the latest version.
  • If none of the above solutions work, try using a third-party disk utility app to force unmount the drive. However, use such tools with caution as they can potentially corrupt data.

As a last resort, you can try manually ejecting the drive:

• Open Finder and locate your SanDisk SSD.
  • Hold down the “Option” key and click on the “Eject” button next to the drive.
  • If a warning message pops up, choose “Force Eject.”

Please note that forcefully ejecting the drive might lead to data corruption, so only do this as a last resort if other options haven’t worked.

I hope one of these suggestions helps you unmount your SanDisk Pro 1TB SSD! If you’re still having trouble, I recommend contacting SanDisk support for further assistance.

hi it seems to be for MAC Pc or win 11, I do not understand these commands.

I now put the pc off and eject the drive.
Thanks for your rather late respond