Unable to see my shared folders on WD TV Live Hub and Plus

I’ve been reading threads all over the place and followed all directions but still cannot see my shared Win7 folders on my Hub or Live Plus devices. I’ve tried so many things that I have no idea what I’ve changed now :cry: Can someone please point me to a good tutorial that actually worked? I’m running Win7 Pro 64bit. BTW, my other system running XP has no problems sharing its content. Thanks in advance

Well, things you’ve already read worked for SOMEONE, so how would we know what’s going to work for you?

Sure I see that some people claim to find a solution but I’ve also seen others saying that it didn’t work for them, as in my case. Do you know of any solution that actually worked for you? I’m willing to try something else and see if get lucky this time. 

Also, as I mentioned on my first post, I’ve tried so many “suggestions” that I have no idea what my settings are anymore. I need a step by step tutorial or something like that.

Thanks

Ricardobed wrote:

Sure I see that some people claim to find a solution but I’ve also seen others saying that it didn’t work for them, as in my case. Do you know of any solution that actually worked for you? I’m willing to try something else and see if get lucky this time. 

Also, as I mentioned on my first post, I’ve tried so many “suggestions” that I have no idea what my settings are anymore. I need a step by step tutorial or something like that.

Thanks

Same here.  I just got one of these boxes today and have been working on it for the last 7 hours using every patch, hint, tip I could find and I am still unable to get it to see my shared network folders on Win 7 64bit.  I have over 20 years of computer experience so I am not a novice.  I have uninstalled Windows Live 2011, I have made all the registry mods and have modified the registry but nothing helps.  All the netowrk apps seem to be fine, but whern I look for netowrk shares it finds none. 

I refuse to reinstall Win 7 to get htis working because BOTH my Popcorn Hour and my Cinema Tube boxes work just by plugging them in to the network … this thing has me angry and frustrated. 

If I can’t get it working tonight I am going to call WD tomorrow and if they have no “secret fix” it’s going back to best buy.

Yeah I’m not a noob either and I just cannot understand why simply sharing a folder can be so “difficult”. If I cannot find a solution soon (before the weekend) I might just return it. 

I used this video to help me set up Network Shares on Windows 7 for my WD Live box.  I understand you’re struggling with the hub but this setup may work for it as well.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQstgQ4eJCM#ws  Good Luck!

After trying so many things and spending long hours troubleshooting, I was finally able to get the HUB see my network shared folders. Unfortunately, I don’t have a real step by step solution for anyone. I spend so many hours and days that I don’t even know what I did to make it work :stuck_out_tongue:

It was a combination of renaming the WORKGROUP on the Hub to WORKGROUP once again (yes, even though it says WORKGROUP already, that seems to do the trick) and then restarting my PC, Media Server and HUB (one at a time) and finally turning Media Library OFF and ON again.

In any case, many thanks for all your advice and help. Thanks Tony, Demann and the rest. I love my HUB and it works so well for all my needs.