Unable to MyCloudEX2 Ultra remotely via a browser or login to enable Cloud access

I can no longer access MyCloudEX2 Ultra remotely via a browser.
The browser reports the device as either offline or “No network shared folders detected”. (It varies.)

I can also no longer login to the “Cloud Account for Device Owner: admin” from the Configure Cloud Access screen.

I CAN access the device via the IOS app.
Local access from Windows is fine.

It IS, and always has been, OS5 and the firmware is up to date.

When I am logged in to the dashboard as Admin, and try to enable Cloud access (I originally disabled it as part of the troubleshooting) by logging in to the “Cloud Account for Device Owner: admin” from this screen…

it hangs in this state for approx 10 minutes before returning to the dashboard login screen…

I have tried…

• Rebooting
  • Turning off the firewall(s)
  • Entering the wrong admin password - trying to get any response - (the result is the same as entering the correct password)

Thoughts?

it’s not just you - it look slike we are all experiencing problems - maybe add your thoughts to an existing thread as the more folk that complain… then maybe WD might come out of hidding.

visit: My Cloud OS 5 Personal & Network Attached Storage - WD Community

Same problem here. Cloud access not possible except my iPhone.

Thanks. Will do. I suspected it might be a case of “we will make your security better by taking a few backwards steps before getting it right”.

I have the same problem from Italy.
I contacted customer support and they said it’s their problem.
But the status of the servers says there are no problems on OS5.

Same to me … no Cloud access possible. Want to downgrade the firmware to the version before 5.19.117 … has anyone a link for “old” firmware download?

Here you go:

[https://downloads.wdc.com/nas/WDMyCloudEX2Ultra_5.18.117_prod.bin 39]

Same problem on PR4100

I had the problem before upgrading to the new version so I don’t think that will help

you´re right … I´ve tested some older FW at the NAS and also an older FW at my AVM-Router … everytime the same … so I think it´s a problem of WD!

Same problem here

I have the same problem with MyCloud EX2 Ultra. Downgrading firmware did not solve the issue.

Exactly the same problem, any ETF?
Has anybody heard about a solution?
Thanks!

Fixed for me, I am able to login again. NAS ist indexing at the moment.

seems like that McCloud OS5 ist temporary down (https://status.mycloud.com/)

Still the same: status unchanged and cloud not working

It works since this morning… although the status of the proxy is “Down”: https://status.mycloud.com/os4

The issue still isn’t solved. Cloud Access still not available on OS5 with the latest firmware both in MyCloud and MyCloud EX2 Ultra servers.

turkseb I know this won’t help you, but both my EX2-Ultra’s connected fine this morning (08:00 UK time) and remote access has not been a problem since.

I had to disable / enable the cloud access of the NAS. Unfortunately indexing is taking hours, anyway …