Unable to move, backup, or write labels to LTO-6 tape

Hello, Arkeia is producing various, vague errors whenever I try to do anything with my LTO-6 tapes. I have already set my tape drives to LTO6 drives but the errors persist.

When I try to label an LTO-6 tape, it tells me:
“Cannot load tape from slot # to drive #”

It gives me the same error when I try to move the tape to the drive. It’s maddening! Whenever I move LTO5 tapes, they are fine. Anyone know what to do?

Based on the error message you provided, it seems like your system is having trouble loading the LTO-6 tape into the drive. This could be due to a variety of reasons, including hardware issues or driver problems.

Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check the tape drive and make sure it is compatible with LTO-6 tapes. While you mentioned that you have already set the tape drives to LTO-6 drives, it’s worth double-checking that the drive is actually compatible with LTO-6 tapes.
  2. Verify that the tape is in good condition and not damaged. If the tape is damaged or dirty, it may not be able to load properly.
  3. Update your tape drive drivers. Check to see if there are any updates available for your tape drive drivers and install them if necessary.
  4. Check for firmware updates for the tape drive. Some tape drives may require firmware updates in order to work properly with LTO-6 tapes.
  5. Try a different LTO-6 tape. It’s possible that the tape you are trying to use is defective, so try using a different LTO-6 tape and see if the same error occurs.
  6. Check the tape drive logs for any errors. The tape drive logs may provide more information about the specific error that is occurring, which can help you narrow down the cause of the issue.