Unable to download WD Align software

I have registered my recently purchased WD3200BEKT 320GB Scorpio Black drive but am unable to download the WD Align software keeps coming up telling me I need to register which I have already done.

Can you please advise if I have to register somewhere else as well or does it take a few days for the registration to go through.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello,

Try to download now, I check and it was working fine for me.

I am still unable to download this software, I receive the following message:

Registration

Restricted Software Download
You are not eligible to download the software.

I’m having the same problem after registering a WDBABB2500ANC-ERSN.  Why am I ‘not eligible’ to download it?  I’ve signed up and registered and Advanced Format product.  What else do I have to do?  Anyone from WD listening?

Well I’ve just try to downloaded it here and the download started immediately.

Yep, that’s the download link I’m having trouble with.  It says ‘you are not eligible to download the software.’  I get the same thing regardless of popup blocker settings, and I’ve tried both IE and Firefox.  The product I have registered is an Advanced Format drive (it says so on the label).  It was bought in the UK, if that makes any difference…

Don’t understand how that happens since I don’t even own one of the drives you mention and the software started to download right away. 

Try downloading from the registration page. Login to your account on wd’s web and look on the list of available downloads bellow.

Kracker wrote:

I have registered my recently purchased WD3200BEKT 320GB Scorpio Black drive but am unable to download the WD Align software keeps coming up telling me I need to register which I have already done.

Can you please advise if I have to register somewhere else as well or does it take a few days for the registration to go through.

Thanks.

It’s not enough to register, you must register an advanced format drive in order to get access to that software.  The BEKT is not an advanced format drive.

1 Like

OK I think I’ve figured it out (for me at least).  It is not enough just to log in and register an AF drive – you have to download the alignment software using the computer in which the AF drive is installed.

If you log in and look at your list of registered drives, you should see a ‘restricted downloads’ link below each AF drive, which is only present if that drive is installed in the computer you’re using.

Now I get the ‘restricted software download’ page but when clicking on the download link a new window opens for the download and nothing happens.  I’ll try again tomorrow.

OK, looks like that unresponsive download was just a glitch; just tried again and installed it OK.  And after all, that, it turns out that the two important partitions on my drive were aligned OK anyway (despite being a Vista install cloned from a non-AF drive)…

Actually, the key is that you have to register the serial number of an advanced format drive, before you can download the software.  If you were able to download after that, then your drive is an AF drive.  If you go to our support page and input the serial number of your drive, you can choose installation and it will tell you on the chart if your drive is advanced format.

1 Like