Unable to discover ReadyNAS media server or network share

Hello.  So my house got struck by lightning last week and I lost my WDTV Live+ among other things.  I bought a new one along with a couple of hubs and set it up on a wired network with a static IP.  I used to be able to see my ReadyNAS both via media server and network shares.  Now I can see my DirecTV box (same physical hub - new) and my wife’s PC (in another room on its own hub - lightning survivor).  The ReadyNAS is on another segment with a static IP.  My router can see all devices on the network including the WD and the ReadyNAS.  I can see and access the DLNA services from the NAS using other PCs in the house (both wired and wireless). But I can’t figure out how to ‘discover’ media servers.  I had hoped it would happen automagically but nothing has changed after being powered on for a day.  The ReadyNAS doesn’t have a work group per se but I named it’s domain the same as the WD’s workgroup.

Thoughts?

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Regards,