Unable to delete sparsebundle files

Who may help me in deleting sparsebundle files (Apple Time Machine) out of my WD My Cloud Home Duo?

Dear Schnaggel .
I have the same problem
On my MacBook Pro ( late 2016) I had suddenly problems with synchronizing with MYCLOUY Home Duo . Try everything (Newstart: Macbook, MYCLOUD ) The Macbook says: delete you sparsebundles. before start again. But is was not possible to delete sparsebundles. I talked with a senior advisor of Apple woh tries for an hour . Het went deep into the terminals but could also not delete it .
Schnaggel do you get help. Wat was the trick to delete them !!? OR can somebody help her? cheers. H

Dear Harry2019,
in my case Apple Support (Second level) helped me out for the first time (using special commands in Terminal). Second time they said that this is not their problem pointing to WD.
My solution: I stopped using this NAS and bought a separate external HD for using my TimeMachine Backup.
Best regards, Jörg

Thanks Jörg,
I have the same experience
I am satisfied a about this NAS, so the question is here ; can WD help here . It is probably a NAS problem not an Apple/Macbook problem
I hope designers, Helpdesk of WD is reading this communication and can help
herzliche Grüsse
Harry

Terminal and sudo will be your friend there.

I am satisfied with other WD drives, but with MyCloud EX2 there are problems with TimeMachine. Sometimes backups inexplicably fail and the sparsebundle file becomes useless. The fast fix is to hide the file in a folder and create a new one. But once the disk is full, there is no way to delete the spoiled files. I urgently need a solution for this problem.

I can still not delete the sparse bundles on my home Duo. Had again contact with a second-level Supervisor of Apple because I get the advice of AUSTIN FOREST: https://www.cnet.com/news/mini-tutorial-force-deleting-stubborn-or-problematic-files-in-mac-os-x/

This was already done by the apple advisor but we still not good delete it !! Then he found on the internet that probably the IP ADRES has to be changed of the HOME DUO otherwise the sparse bundles stay on it . Together with the Apple supervisor, we searched to the IP Address but could not find it
Tries to call the 00800-27549338. ( WD Support Netherlands). but NOBODY comes on. the telephone. WERE IS THE SERVICE. OF WD HERE!
Can somebody help here

regards. Harry

Bonjour,
Ok, I know it’s been a while since this problem has been posted but I wanted to share the solution I just found so anyone can delete those files. Long story short : You have to log on your cloud using FTP.

First, you have to enable it!
Long into your local cloud. It should be http://wdmycloud.local
Then go to settings / network (sorry if the word are not the same. I use the french version.)
Enable FTP

Afterward you go to Shared Folders and select the Time Machine Backup folder.
You enable FTP on it. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE EVERY RIGHTS so you can delete the files.

Finally, use your FTP client to login and you will be able to delete those files.

It should work perfectly. :slight_smile: