Unable to Backup on NAS using HP Data Protector Software V6.0

Hi Guys,

I am facing issue while configuring WD My World II NAS on one of my file Server running Windows 2003 Standard Edition having HP Data Protector V6.0 Software installed with 1TB Advanced Disk Backup License. The System accepts Backup on Local Disk/Drive Letters and when I try to add Mapped Drive (For Example Z: Drive) in Software, it returns with error that Inet Agent do not have permission to use shared resuorces.

Is it possible to Mount Network Drive as Local Disk (I have tried using simple MAP Network Drive) or provide Acces to Services/Accounts running to access this drive?

Not able to mount as local drive. Since you already tried mapping you might wanna check with HP.

The software might not be compatible with Network drives at all. You can try using the software that comes with the drive or any other software that allows you to backup to NAS.

NOMAC wrote:

Is it possible to Mount Network Drive as Local Disk (I have tried using simple MAP Network Drive) or provide Acces to Services/Accounts running to access this drive?

No it’s not possible. This is done to prevent just the kind of behaviour your suggesting- if you could trick it into thinking a network drive was a local drive, there would be all sorts of mayhem going on in the OS.