Unable to access MyCloud devices

Hello community,
I have 4 MyCloud PR2100/Ex2100 installed in my offices “all around the world”. I was able to access them using MyCloud app on Android/iOS and the MyCloud website.
It’s three days now that I’m unable to access any of them by any “channel” mentioned above. All systems are up and running and are accessible from their relative internal network.
From the status.mycloud.com site I can see there were a problem on 15th of june that now should be solved as claimed there “normal operations resumed at 8:15am PST” but I still can’t access my devices.
Any idea about what’s going on?

Have your offices had their global IP addresses changed recently? That’s a problem with domestic use, where IP address is re-assigned if a router reboots. In which case, port forwarding connections report they are up, but they really aren’t. It takes a toggling of the Cloud Access control to re-establish the link.

Hi @cpt_paranoia and thank you for your suggestions. Sorry for returning after so long. I solved the issue but reasons are still a mistery here. I have no dynamic ip address and I found that all MyCloud devices got their cloud access disabled. No one disabled it spontaneusly and no firmware autoupdate is enabled. So I really don’t know why the feature had been disabled. It’s only me that own the admin passowrd and it’s a really complex one, so I exclude a brute force. I’m really shocked about this matter and I’m discovering that Western Digital product are absolutely unreliable.

It may be worth searching the foums to see if anyone else has reported spontaneous disabling of Cloud Access. I can’t remember any, but I don’t have a PR device, and only frequent the basic MyCloud forum (where you originally posted this enquiry).

You mention a long password. Again, I don’t know the PR series, but the basic MyCloud devices can have their password reset very easily by simply performing a reset; read the user manual for your device to see if this is still true, In which case, you might need to think about physical access control measures to prevent unauthorised use.

Just to be clear; I’m not WD staff (this is a user forum), so if your comments about WD’s products were intended to expedite support, they won’t help; you’ll have to contact WD Support.

The strange thing is that there was not a reset: every single configuration setting is exactly the same, only the cloud access was turned off for no reason. Even the admin password was exactly the same. So I exclude a reset.

I’m aware of this :wink: I just wrote a comment for people reading this forum just to tell them: beware that WD products are not as good as they should. There is a lot of vulnerability reports aboud MyCloud devices and some of them can be found here on this forum.

PS: I’ll follow your suggestion and search for anyone having this issue just to let them know it happened to me too