Unable to access iMac from Live Hub

Hi Guys

I need some help please

I am in the process switching from PC to Mac.

Where I am at is, I trying to set up the network share. I can see the Live hub on the Mac and access all the file stored on the Hub so no problem there.

I can see the Mac on the Live hub but here comes the problem. I am being asked for Username & Password.

I have never set any Userrname or Password. I have tried the reset Username & Password no luck.

I have tried the restart the hub no luck. I have switched the Hub off & on again to reset the hub that way with no luck there.

I am now at loss what to try next.

It’s over to you guys now any help will be very much appreciated.

I am Running OS Lion on the Mac if that helps a little bit.

I never had this  problem on the PC

Many thanks

Try:

anonymous and leave the password empty.

Thanks for your reply I tried that originally and that didn’t work. However I noticed in network settings on the Mac ( connect as ) and a name which I used as the username and used the password of my router Now I don’t get asked for the username & password I now get a message no media in current folder I am sharing my public folder inside my public folder I have 3 folders named movies,music & photos Which all contain my media files,so therefore I have media files in the shared folder. I have tried rebooting the mac and live hub I still I get the same message. Thanks for your help

Just connected my PC on the network and the PC works fine sharing files both ways. So why do I get the message no media files in the current folder when I try to access my files on the iMac There must be something blocking access to to theses files on the iMac. Has anyone got any ideas what it could be as this is getting very frustrating. Thanks

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3788/~/sharing-a-folder-on-mac-os-10.5-and-10.6-to-be-viewed-with-a-wd-tv-live,-live

This any good to you ?

Yes, I have seen this post and this is how I have set things up that’s why I can’t understand why I can’t get it to work.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-General-Discussions/WD-TV-Live-and-Mac-Computers/td-p/7029/page/2

I have just been sticking " WD Live Mac and Sharing" in Google, you may have to. I see someone on another peice of WD Kit set a password to get it to work, there is also a Vid at the end.

If it makes you feel any better, I reformatted this Win 7 computer a while back, and it took me a day to get access to the same drive that was working before format. Sometimes its just trial and error, and just pure bizarre stuff when it suddenly works.

I have noticed that in the release notes for firmware version 3.00.28 it say. Support media library function for network share folders SMB/CIFS. Do I need to upgrade to this version in order for the live Hub to access my media files on the iMac. I am on version 2.07.17 as use movie sheets and I know there are issues upgrading to a higher version. Is there anyone using version 2.07.17 running Lion on a Mac and able to access files stored on a mac. This will then rule out firmware 2.07.17 is the problem . Thanks for the help everyone is giving me.

I have read many forums on the Internet trying to get to the bottom of this problem without success . Is anyone able to see their shared media files on a Mac running lion from the live hub.Thanks