Ultrastar He10 compatibility with Desktop PC Systems

I was interested in purchasing an Ultrastar He10 8TB 3.5-inch Helium Platform Enterprise Hard Drive for my desktop PC running Windows 7 and wanted to know if this drive was compatible? I see it’s rated as an Enterprise Drive so wasn’t sure of the drawbacks of that kind of setup since I wouldn’t be in an enterprise environment. The spec sheet didn’t mention it was rated to be used with Windows 7 so I wanted to check. I’ll be using this primarily for storage and light file work.

I was particularly interested in the HGST HUH728080ALE600 3.5" 8TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K RPM 128M 512E ISE HDD. I will be going directly through SATA III on the internal board without a RAID configuration. Just standard plug 'n play setup.

Thanks in advance!

DP

I had the dilemma which I will buy HGST Ultrastar 8TB or WD Gold 8TB ?.
Finally I decided to buy WD Gold WD8003FRYZ 2weeks ago cause I think WD is more reliable than HGST and I partitioned to 4 parts of 2 TB each NTFS , these are working very fast .
I was using WD Caviar Black 1001FALS and 1002FAEX more than 10 years with no problems
and I trust WD brand

At now WD = HGST. This official replacement model series WD8003FRYZ-01xxxxx (8TB 512e) —–> HUS728T8TALE6L4 (8TB 512e) p/n 0B36404.
Not any different between WD Gold 8 Tb. and HGST 8 Tb. This is one to one hard drives.

If I am to understand, the question was “will the HGST 8tb. drive work in a desktop PC” and just like 99% of these sites no one ever just gives a straight answer. Everyone has to beat around the bush and chase rabbits. I wish someone at HGST which is now Western Digital would get off of their back side and give a straight answer.
I too would like some answers and when I call tech support I get some ■■■■■ that calls himself a tech and reads from a screen what to tell you. It’s ■■■■.
I just purchased 2 WD DC HC510 also known as the Ultrastar He10 10Tb. dirves and they don’t read correctly. Trying to get the problem solved has been impossible. They are 10Tb. drives that in the system BIOS read as 1250.1 Gb. drives and in any other software they read as 4.65 Tb. drives but nothing will touch them. Windows File Explorer does not see the drives. Disk Manager sees them but won’t do anything with them. I have tried several different kinds of partition software and they won’t do anything but see the drives as 4.65Tb. drives and won’t format, partition or even erase them. My understanding is these 2 drives came out of a RAID Box. Is it possible that they have a Digital RAID Security Signature or format on them that is preventing me from doing anything with them? I just want to get them going.
The drives are (( HGST Ultrastar He10 HUH721010ALN600 0F27502 10TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache SATA 6Gb/s with “Advanced 4Kn Format” )) . Please, if you know how to fix my problem help. But if you just want to give your 2 cents worth and give me your life story, save it for another day. If I seem rude I am sorry but I’ll bet I’m not the only one that feels that way. Also, you might help the first guy in this string. "Is an Ultrastar He10 8TB 3.5-inch Helium Platform Enterprise Hard Drive plug and play compatible with his Windows 7 Desktop system? " No one cares if they are the same drive as the WD as that was not the question. Thank you for your time.