U-boot save bootargs and bootcmd to permanently change boot process

I compiled my own kernel and installed a Debian Linux on /dev/md0 on my My Cloud Mirror disks. I can boot it if I manually change the bootargs and bootcmd when I interrupt U-boot autoboot (pressing space and 1 alternating).

Now I want to make my changes more permanent since I have no intention to move back to the original setup of many partitions and all.

Is it possible after I have set all my parameters correctly so I’m very sure it boots to save the U-boot settings with saveenv. My goal would be that I can install Debian just on mdadm mirrored drives without the need to interrupt autoboot and without the need to partition the drives exactly how the device shipped.

So shortly: once a working U-boot setup, will saveenv make my changes permanent?

Maybe it would be a good idea to save the output of printenv first so I can roll back later if I really feel the need to do so?

Hi @buco,

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

@Keerti_01 : Great, as you are WD staff and a moderator, can you guarantee me in written that WD will assist me on this very topic?