Twonky-permanent license for wd my book live

Hi,

after using my 2 tb my book live for more that 1 1/2 years now, I noticed the benefit of the twonky mediaserver (after replacing my HIFI receiver, it was a usefull add-on).

Am I correct that the twonky shiped with the wd my book live is an evaluation version and I have to purchase a permanent key now or is there a permanent key somwhere in the wd-doc’s?

spaceball wrote:

Am I correct that the twonky shiped with the wd my book live is an evaluation version and I have to purchase a permanent key …?

No, it’s a permanent license.  

…than I may have deleted the key during a twonky software update. Is there a way to get the key back?

No, as far as I know, it’s compiled into the binaries, but I don’t know for sure.

What issue are you having? … how do you know the key is “missing?”

After I upgraded twonky some days ago, I noticed at the twonky-config page (ip:9000)that the evaluation-period has exired.

spaceball wrote:

After I upgraded twonky some days ago, I noticed at the twonky-config page (ip:9000)that the evaluation-period has exired.

Well, yeah, that’s an important distinction.

if you upgraded it, you can’t use the original license.   The license Packet Video provided to WD was version specific and does not entitle upgrades.  You’ll need to buy your OWN license if you’re not using WD’s provided Twonky Server anymore.