Twonky forgets shares

I have been having this issue for several months now and have not found a solution that works.
Multi-Media_Server
Version: 7.2.9-13
Videos: 2867Songs: 8142Photos: 0
I create all the shares in Twonky 16 folders in a 2nd (attached (Elements_107C-1)) HDD and 13 in the root of the WD drive.
One of the root folders is TV_Shows that has 7 sub-folders under it and these are always remembered, the folders in the 2nd drive are always remembered too. BUT I have to constantly reset the 14 root folders with videos (movies) in them.
What am I doing wrong that Twonky will no remember these root folders?

Hi Squire_Dude,

You can refer to the link mentioned below in order to resolve the issue with you WD device.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16724

Hi John,

Thanks for the link. Although the first couple of steps were necessary

• Ensure Twonky DLNA Media Server is enabled – now enabled

• Ensure Media Serving at the Share is enabled – now enabled

• Ensure the Share contains supported photo and video media content – checked files

History

This system has been working very happily for several years. This issue appear a couple of weeks ago. I have been working on it for some time with no change.

I still have 3 issues that need resolving.

1. Unable to connect to the internet

2. The WDMyCloud does not show as a computer when I view the Network. I have created a desktop Link using “\WDMyCloud”

3. I am still getting the message “There are no playable files.” when form any device I select the WD logo, then “Video”.

Any additional help would be very gratefully accepted.

→ Have a wonderful day ←

ePhillip f

Y * Peace & Love* Y

What changed a couple of weeks ago? Did you change anything on the local network? Did you change anything on the My Cloud (like update the firmware)? Are you using a brand new computer or other device to access the My Cloud? What program or software are you using to access the Twonky DLNA media server?

Hi,

Thanks for the speedy reply…

Very good questions and I will answer them in order…

• What changed a couple of weeks ago?

• Nothing

• Did you change anything on the local network?

• No

• Did you change anything on the My Cloud (like update the firmware)?

• No (unless it was updated automatically) (the MyCloud, attached USB HDD, NetGear Extender are all happily sitting in a cupboard for 3 years)

• Are you using a brand new computer or other device to access the My Cloud?

• No (3 year old Dell laptop, Windows 10 Pro)

• What program or software are you using to access the Twonky DLNA media server?

• I have tired Edge as well as FireFox to view the engine and its settings

• Whatever is on the device (none of which have changed in 2 years)

• http://192.168.128.31:9000/ - Twonky engine v7.2.9-13

Status

Multi-Media_Server

Version: 7.2.9-13

Videos: 4185 Songs: 21803 Photos: 47563

Activity Status:

Not streaming

NOTE: I can see all the folders and files (videos, pictures, music) from my laptop using the file manager and connecting via the network at \MyCloud

Thanks again for your help.

→ Have a wonderful day ←

ePhillip f

Y * Peace & Love* Y