Twonkey Server Not Starting

Each time My Passport Wireless Pro restarts / reboots the Twonkey Server is OFF. This in itself would not be an issue except after going through the efforts to connect to it with the My Cloud app, and drilling down to the Media selection where I can start the Twonkey server. It will provide a screen prompt telling me the Media Server is set successfully. This is almost always followed by an additional prompt saying Get Avatar media server failed. This second message seems to indicate the failure of the start of the Twonkey server but I have not been able to locate any references to this error message. I have updated the firmware to 1.04.17. The only additional observation is that the progress indicators on the Media count section (Video / Music / Photos) of the Media tab continue to spin without end but perhaps this is just an indication that the server is not running regardless of the position of the slider at the top of the Media Page. Any Insights into this issue?

Hi S_A_E,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en
The link below will allow you to call support.

As a user of previous WD attempts at wireless hard drives, I pretty much consider every wireless option they add to the drive almost useless. Seriously. The only thing that works for me is to use SMB access. It’s the only reliable thing I’ve found that doesn’t lose files or cause buffering problems. I got this drive because I figured Plex would get around that. Nope. I load in all my videos and hundreds of files do not show up even though they do on the PC version of Plex and are fine.

I know that doesn’t help you much, but that’s just probably going to save you a lot of headaches.