Two WD LiveWire Powerline kits

Hi there,

Recently I’ve bought the second WD Livewire Powerline kit. Now I can’t make them work together. They both operate alright but  obly when powered up separately. Any idea how to make them work together at the same time? I need to have 6 devices working using Etherrnet in different rooms. Can I use 3 adaptors, not 4 of them with one connection to my router?

Alex5908,

Have you tried manually synchronizing all PowerLine adapters by means of holding the sync button in all of them within a time frame of 2 minutes? You should only need 1 WD LiveWire connected into your router if synchronization is successful.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I’ve tried to manualy sync the adaptors and it did not work out. Moreover, I installed the Livewire utility but I can’t enter the password from the adaptors (not a single one). May be I should upgrade firmware. Where can I get PIB and NVM from?

Alex5908,

The requested files are unfortunately not available since additional firmware releases were not developed for the WD LiveWire. Perhaps direct assistance might be needed on this case.

Finally I’ve solved the prob. I used the software and added two devices as per their passwords. As soon as the devices were identified I could use three adapters at the same time. Remember to use the prog as Administrator, otherwise the adapters won’t be recognised.

P.S.

Manual syncking did not help.

1 Like

Alex5908,

Thank you very much for sharing your outcome. I am most certain it will be able to assist more Users in the future.