Two shares with same folder structure can't be added to library (WD TV Live WDBGXT0000NBK)

I have two shares on my NAS with the same folder structure. Because its two seperate disks (No i will not use Raid) \Movies \0-9 \A \B … \Movies 2 \0-9 \A \B … I have added Movies, but when I try to add “Movies 2” it gives me this error. Invalid path: This folder has already been added to the media library. Have Also tied to rename the share, with no luck. Anyone tried something like this? WD TV Live WDBGXT0000NBK Firmware 1.10.13

Hmmm.  I have the same basic structure, but “Movies” is called “Movies 1”.  In my case, it works fine.

So I have

Movies 1

and

Movies 2

instead of 

Movies

Movies 2

How do you arrange the underlying folder structure?

Are your movies placed directly in “Movies 1” and “Movies 2”?

Because I have sorted all movies alphabetically in sub folders. Eg. All movies starting with “A” ind one folder and so on. Could that be the difference?

It could be.

My underlying folders are quite different.

TiN-MAN wrote:
I have two shares on my NAS with the same folder structure. Because its two seperate disks (No i will not use Raid) \Movies \0-9 \A \B … \Movies 2 \0-9 \A \B … I have added Movies, but when I try to add “Movies 2” it gives me this error. Invalid path: This folder has already been added to the media library. Have Also tied to rename the share, with no luck. Anyone tried something like this? WD TV Live WDBGXT0000NBK Firmware 1.10.13

I have the same problem, and i wish i had a work around.

In my case, one folder is called HD and the other one is called HD Movies. It was very frustrating. My movies are in subfolder within each of these main folders on 2 seperate External harddrives shared over the newtork using window 7.
I have the unit for 6 months now and have ugraded the firware each time with no resolution to this problem

I ended using plex media server, since there categorizing feature is amazing. You can sort your movies by resolution, new realeased, year, letter, and a ton more

The only thing that I am missing is metadata support, which is more a WD compatibility issue with Plex

vinmatrix: Funny you could mention Plex, because I installed it yesterday and won’t look back :slight_smile: Comming from XBMC, wdtv is at best annoying. but I keep up with it because my wife likes it better, the low pricetag and no fan noise