TV Play - No storage connected

Hello.  Brand new WD TV Play, purchased specifically because the User Manual (page 25) states that it can access my UPnP and DLNA equipment over my home network.  I will be playing my movie files from a USB directly connected to the Play, but I want to be able to show photos from my network.  I already read a thread of a similar nature to this, and someone (with around 1,400 posts) said that the person should have researched this product better because it was not intended to access data over a network, only play stuff from the Internet and USB.  I don’t know how much better research can be done that looking at theh official documentation from the manufacturer.

I select My Storage and am presented with a screen that says “No storage connected.  Please connect a USB storage or network storage to browse and play content.”  I am on a wired network connection and have already tested several apps that access the internet – all is good.  Why can’t this see my network?  I have many devices on this network, both wired and wireless, and they can all access each other and can get to the server drives for photos, music, movies, etc.  I am at the most current firmware of the Play (1.05.47).

Any ideas, or am I sending this back?

Well…

Now that I’ve connected the USB device that has my movies on it, it looks like I will be returning this, and giving it a 1-star review on Amazon since it does not do what is advertised.  If all I wanted was an internet media streamer, this would be okay, but I already have a Roku2 and it outperforms all of the WD line of products (according to most of the product review sites).  I bought this product specifically to play ISO files on a connected USB drive, and access my UPnP and DLNA systems – this product does NOT operate as advertised.

“Unable to play the selected file. Please see the User Manual for a list of supported file formats.”

Page 146 of the Play User Manual specifically states .iso format.

Back it goes – thanks for waisting my time.

What kind of ISO files? DVD or bluray?