Trying to access photos from "finder" on Macbook Air

This is my first post so please be patient with me!

I successfully set up my 2TB “My Cloud” device a few weeks ago.  Other than a few minor hiccups the device is working fine.  Today I am trying to list an item on ebay.  When I click add photos on the ebay website it opens my “Finder” page on my Mac.  This has always been the case so no trouble here. I used to store my photos on dropbox and it appears under my “favorites” tab on my Mac.  Quick and easy.  Now that all my photos are on “myCloud” I cannot access them from the finder screen.  WD My Cloud does appear under “Devices” but when I click the arrow all is shows is “Install WD My Cloud.pkg”.  Can someone tell me how to access my photos from my Mac directly? 

I hope what I am asking for makes sense and I appreciate any help regarding this matter.

Tiger150123 Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 11.00.41 AM.png

MacBook Air

OS 10.9.1

How are you connecting? SMB or AFP or CIFS? What permissions? Were you copying the files to a private or a public share?

Thank you for the help Pizza Matrix.

Unfortuneatly I am not that savy to understand your terminology.  I work from home.  I have My Cloud plugged into my router.  I am connected via wifi.

I installed My cloud and created two users, one for me and one for my wife so regarding permissions I guess I can give me any permission I need.

The photos were taken from my phone which automatically load to a public folder (which I wish I knew how to change…I have another post asking how to do so).

Thanks again  for your help!

Mapping the Devices as a drive

This is how I’ve been using the NAS device by mapping the device as a local drive. SMB for Mac and Samba for PC’s. After mapping the shares as a drive, with the gigabit ethernet, the shares almost feels local.

On my Mac, once your WD Cloud is powered up 

1. in finder, click Go

2. select connect to server

3. click browse

4. you should see wdmycloud, double click on this 

5. you will see Connected as: Guest,

a. if you have already created users with access to certain shares then you must click on ‘Connect as’ and enter your       userid and password.

1. select the shares that you want to connect and they will show up on your desktop. 
1 Like

Worked like a charm!

Thanks Ralphael!

Kudos to you good sir.