True Image Software cannot see image on 3 TB elements

I have the latest version of the Acronis True Image for WD, just downloaded this week. I can install the software and do a full image backup of my internal drive and store it on the 3 TB external.  The 3 TB external is setup for MBR boot and it is split into two volumes about 1.5 TB each.

I created a new True Image recovery disk and when I boot with it - it has a problem reading the 3TB drive.

Normally the first error I see is "Failed to read from Sector “128” of hard disk “1”.

Is this just a problem with the software can not read a  3TB drive or do I have a bad drive?

Matt R.

You shou read this post http://community.wdc.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Acronis-TI-Update/m-p/226146#M299 especially the last one by Bill. That will probably answer your questions. Paragon and Eause both have free backup software but not full featured. I use paid Acronis TI and if you need a special rescue CD because of drivers they will build it. They periodically update the rescue CD ISO but it’s only for paying customers.

Joe

1 Like

Thanks Joe.

I just downloaded the software this week. It appears to be new.

Acronis True Image WD Edition Software

File Size: 151 MB (approx.)

version: 14157

Publish Date: 7/20/2011

Running from windows I could save the backup to the external drive.

But booting from the newly created CD It could not see a 3TB drive, no matter how I formatted it.

I keep an eye open for updates.

Matt